If you’ve ever been curious about what it would be like to pair down your clothing essentials, this one’s for you! While there are all sorts of definitions and guidelines out there for how to achieve a ‘capsule’ or minimalist wardrobe, we are providing the foundational tips and principles to create a closet that is simple and beloved.
- Jen- The Frugal Friends Workbook! We are so excited to share this with you in two short weeks! We’ve always worked to promote healthy conversations about money and those don’t have to start with telling people how much debt you have and what your 401k is invested in. So The Frugal Friends Workbook helps you do that with challenges and questions designed to help you open up about money but also change some habits. It launches August 7th and if you want that buy now button in your inbox on launch day go to frugalfriendspodcast.com/workbook.
- Jill- Less is more – when it comes to garlic knots, pasta, and doughnuts this couldn’t be further from the truth – BUT our sponsor wants us to know that sometimes having less of something provides space for more of something else – kinda like less complaining leads to more joy. Less is more – only true for some things in life.
What the Internet has to say:
This article from Be More With Less gives us 3 foundational tips for building our own capsule wardrobe.
What Jen + Jill have to say:
- 1. See
- 2. Sort
- 3. Choose
More from the Internet:
This article from The Blissful Mind provides us with a list of the top 10 capsule wardrobe essentials
More from Jen + Jill:
- Choose a color palette. It’s ok to like black/grey/white, but you can also make it colorful!
- We love their definition of a capsule wardrobe: “A small collection of useful clothing that you love” – now how great does that sound?!
BILL OF THE WEEK –
This week’s bill is brought to us by EveryPlate; America’s best value meal delivery kit! We tried it and agree that the food is fantastic, affordable, and super convenient! EveryPlate’s recipes come with everything already pre-measured so we don’t buy a whole bunch of stuff at the grocery store that will just go to waste. And every meal comes together in about 30 minutes – definitely faster than a trip to the grocery store or starting a meal from scratch. You can get 3 weeks of EveryPlate meals for only $2.99 per meal by going to EveryPlate.com and entering code FRUGAL3 at checkout.
Thank you so much Chanelle for submitting your bill of the week well done on negotiating your rent! We are amazed!
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
What you always wear, what you never wear (but people say should be in a capsule)
- Jen- yes: athletic wear, no: heels, jewlery
- Jill- yes: cardigan and scarf (doesnt matter the season); no: jewelry (sunglasses???)
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!