Traveling and vacationing is very difficult right now with all that is going on in the world which is why we are very excited to talk with Danielle Desir from The Thought Card about ways we can enjoy the summer, experience new things, and get creative in safe and affordable ways!
- The Frugal Friends Workbook! We are so excited to share this with you next week! We have designed this workbook to be six week-long challenges that will help you identify changes you can make to become more frugal long term. You can definitely do them on your own but the workbook is really designed to 8be done in pairs or small groups. And don’t worry if you don’t have a friend to go through it with because if you buy during launch week we will have a way for you to connect with other people who’ve also bought the workbook so you can set up some groups. It launches August 7th and if you want that buy now button in your inbox on launch day go to frugalfriendspodcast.com/workbook.
- Browsing the Internet! You may not be able to take that international trip you were planning this summer or go to that conference that is your one week a year you get to escape from your normal life and hang out with other people who understand you
We asked Danielle her top tips for frugal vacations, especially in the age of COVID and travel limitations:
- For people who want to take a break but can’t or just don’t want to leave the house, what are your recommendations for frugal staycations?
-check out local restaurants
2. How about local travel? How can we save on safe activities and other stuff?
-consider whats within a few hours
3. What about road trips? Any advice for safe and affordable road trips?
-identify your comfort level
-check state requirements
–viatur.com – travel offers
–travelzoo – every Wednesday they post top 20 deals
-use pinterest as search engine
4. How can we get financially prepared for travel in the future?
-define comfort level
-check credit card if not getting money back
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank your Danielle for sharing your bill about dropping a bill you don’t need anymore! AND saving for backyard wedding
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
Our upcoming travel plans, how we’ve had to alter them due to covid, and what we’re doing to save on them.
- Danielle – traveling local
- Jill – MOVING!
- Jen – an ‘early adopter’ and went on a quick trip to Nashville
- Where people can find more about you
We also want to thank Danielle for sharing about WOC Podcasters; a community of content creators. AND for providing us with a list of her current favs:
- Freelance Friday – Latasha James
- School of Ambition – Dielle Charon
- The Purpose of Money – Acquania Escarne
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!