It’s our most popular episode and we’re digging it up out of the archives! Check it out to see where we started 2 years and get back to the basics!
Current: A mobile bank with an awesome user interface, no overdraft fees and no minimum balance requirements. If you’re looking for another bank account to hold your emergency fund or something big you’re saving for, try Current because we’re giving $10 to the first 10 people who sign up using our promo code FRUGALFRIENDS for each episode.
Reruns: here to remind us of the days when we couldn’t actually choose what we watched. Before the days of netflix and hulu there was “basic cable” – come come, gather round the fire while I tell you about ancient days when a television (these were like phones, tablets, and laptops only with large protrusions off the back filled with stuff that can never be thrown away)…a television… had access to approximately 3 ‘channels’ with 1 show playing non-stop. The likelihood of seeing the same episode of the same show more than once was 2,000%. Oh it was fun and it was awful all at once, but we didn’t know any different – we called them reruns – and we ate our hot dogs and mac and cheese in blissful ignorance while the 5th airing of Family Matters ‘good cop, bad cop’ episode played. Reruns – it’s what’s about to happen to you, so grab a hot dog and settle in.
1: 4 Pillars – Categories to anticipate with Frugal Friends podcast episodes
- What the internet has to say
- Mrs. Frugalwoods (a.k.a. Liz Thames) identifies 19 reasons why frugality is the best – and the frugal friends agree!
What Jen and Jill have to say:
- Frugality helps you identify your true priorities
- Frugality builds community
- Frugality means you’ll never be bored
- Frugality leads to gratitude and joy
- Grant went from a frugal guy who amassed $1M to flippantly spending over $200K in one year. In short; the spending didn’t make him feel better.
What Jen and Jill have to say:
- Frugality is about spending wisely
- Frugality is about the journey, not the destination
- It is never too late to ‘course correct’
4: BILL OF THE WEEK
- Introduction of the most anticipated, interactive segment!
- Leave us a voicemail with your BILL OF THE WEEK at: 570-995-1540
5: Tenets of Frugality
- The Law of Diminishing Returns (i.e. at some point you’re wasting your time)
- Frugality allows you to discover what you truly value ( i.e. if frugality keeps you from what you love it’s cheapness)
- Frugality is good for the environment (i.e. you can’t buy your way to green)
- Frugality refines your taste and style (i.e. you can have better things when you buy used and you’ll eventually stop buying those souvenir t-shirts you’ll never wear)
- Frugality allows you more time to increase your income (i.e. the best way to not spend money is to spend time making it!)
- Frugality will not make you rich (i.e. sorry, not sorry)
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to email@example.com. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!