Paying off debt is a daunting task no matter what stage of life, however the older we get the more insurmountable it can feel! For this reason we are thrilled to have Bobbi Olsen on the show to share her story of beginning her debt-payoff journey in her 40’s and all that she learned along the way! It’s never too late (or too early!) to pay off debt!
- Current: is a mobile bank with an awesome user interface, no overdraft fees and no minimum balance requirements. Its app has a free built in budgeting tool, that gives you purchase notifications, and insight to your spending. Premium users can even break up their savings account into different pods which is super helpful if you’re saving for multiple things at once. And when you set up direct deposit you can get paid up to two days early! So, if you’re looking for another bank account to hold your emergency fund or something big you’re saving for then you’re definitely gonna want to try Current because we’re giving $10 to the first 10 people who sign up using our promo code “FRUGALFRIENDS” for each episode. That’s FRUGALFRIENDS, all one word.
- 31: Not just a multi level marketing company or the name of a carnival themed horror movie. It’s the age I’m turning tomorrow! And the age Jill will be turning in just a few months! In 31 years we’ve experienced Brittany spears and Justin Timberlake wearing matching denim outfits, that door in the titanic movie that was definitely big enough for two people, and a global pandemic. 31. Too old for tik tok, not old enough to watch the Hallmark Movie channel.
We asked Bobbi all about her debt pay off journey!
- What motivated you to start your debt payoff journey and were you discouraged at all by your age?
- What kind of debt payoff difficulties did you encounter that were unique to being in your forties and how did you tackle them?
- What did you do to pay off your debt?
- What are you doing now that could’ve never been possible while living in debt?
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you Bobbi for sharing your bill with us!
- If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
Our favorite budgeting apps/ methods
- Bobbi- YNAB (You Need A Budget)
- Jill- Google spreadsheets – you know I’m old school!!
- Jen- Everydollar
Get more from Bobbi at Centsable Chat podcast and blog
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!