Do you love coffee? Do you find yourself purchasing coffee out more often than you’d like to admit? While we know ending our latte purchases will not make us millionaires, it is still useful to consider where our money goes and how to save even in the small things. And so we’re looking at ways to decrease spending on caffeine, and even sharing some ways to get the occasional FREE coffee!
- Our support for you! We know you’ve got big financial goals and we want to support you in reaching them through research backed methods for motivation and education. To do that, last week we launched our digital shop with a ton of affordable workbooks, challenges, and printables to keep you going on your journey to financial freedom. We’ve extended our launch sale through this weekend, we are giving everyone a $50 credit to the store with the code 50FREEDOM. Check it out at frugalfriendspodcast.com/shop
- Oversized sweaters. Sweaters are nice but most of them don’t cover your hands. You could wear gloves but if you live in Florida you might not own gloves, thus leading to the overconsumption of takeout coffee to warm your chilly hands. No more! Enter oversized sweaters! They are so long that they cover your hands completely, ending the plague of frigid digits. You’ll save money and make more friends as you take your hands out of your pockets and engage with more inviting body language. Oversized sweaters, don’t buy the next size up, go for 2 sizes.
This article from Bustle lists out 11 ways to save on your daily coffee routine
Jen + Jill’s favs:
- Coffee isn’t our biggest expense annually, however, daily $4 lattes = $1,460 annually…think how this relates to other expenses.
- We all know the best way to save money on coffee is to make it at home! …this is just your friendly reminder 🙂
- Find an alternative! Consider a less expensive option, or ditch coffee altogether!
- Order your coffee black, or essentially drip coffee and add your own cream and sugar. Ordering espresso based drinks will cost you 2-3 times more
- Get creative with your coffee; make your own creamer, make iced coffee, etc.
This article from The List TV gives us a whole roundup of places offering free coffee and how to get it!
Jen + Jills favs:
- Dunkin Donuts – with the rewards app they’re constantly giving away coffee (and in their mailers!)
- Caribou coffee – free just for joining rewards program
- Peet’s coffee – free for joining rewards program
- Not on the list – Panera offering free coffee through the end of 2021 with their subscription. Just cancel it before they start charging!
By the way…national coffee day is Oct 1st!
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you Sarah for sharing your bill about having double uncle Bills
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
Thanks Capitalize for sponsoring this week’s bill! Capitalize is an independent platform that helps you find and roll over an old 401(k) into an IRA of your choice – for free! Their rollover experts handle the process from start-to-finish, including calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf, completing paperwork, and sending faxes. So start your rollover at frugalfriendspodcast.com/capitalize.
Our coffee drink of choice
- Jill- pour over coffee = frugal option; cappuccino out = expensive option
- Jen- frugal = instant coffee; expensive = iced latte out
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a copy of the Frugal Friends Workbook!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!
- Get our FREE 7-Day No-Spend Challenge Workbook here! https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/free
- Join the waitlist for Club BFF: https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/club-bff-waitlist/
- Subscribe for more on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/frugalfriends
- Hang out with us on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/frugalfriendspodcast/