Frugal doesn’t have to mean luxury free! We can enjoy some simple pleasures while still saving cash. Listen in for some ideas!
- The Future of Frugal Summit! We are insanely excited to announce that registration is now open for our first ever frugal living summit. We believe it’s the first of its kind and the theme for this year is The Future of Frugal. We believe a frugal lifestyle is a solution to so many of the problems we face today from overspending and overwhelm all the way to climate change and so we’re bringing together 20 expert speakers over 4 days for this FREE virtual event to help us make changes in our lives that promote choosing frugality enthusiastically not just as a means to an end. So pause this episode and go to frugallivingsummit.com to grab your spot, your free goodie bag, and join the pop up Facebook group where we’ll be giving away over $1,000 in prizes. You’ll also get an exclusive Frugal Friends listener discount on the all access pass before our speakers start promoting it and that discount will pop up once you register and ends June 27th at 11:59 pm. So check that out. Over half of our speakers have submitted products from budgeting courses to net worth tracking. Again that’s frugallivingsummit.com pause the episode, we’ll wait.
- fancy: it’s a mindset, not a collection
For another take on this topic check out EP 154 Identifying and Reversing Lifestyle Creep
What the Internet has to say:
What Jen + Jill have to say:
- Go to less expensive countries
- Go off season
- Buy the good nail polish and do at home!
- Get student massages
- Become expert thrifter
- Try a capsule wardrobe
- Buy fake diamonds
- Buy original art
- Upgrade shower head for great showers
- Grow your own fresh herbs
- Check out open houses
- Happy hours at nice restaurants
More from the Internet:
More from Jen + Jill
Things worth spending money on:
- Dental and vision
- Try Presto Mystery Shop – get free check ups
- Wellness – mental health counseling and other ways to aim at health
- Home appliances
- Prime property
BILL OF THE WEEK –
- Thanks for sharing your bill about Bill Murray’s free live event for teachers!
- Thank you also for your bill about your townhouse mortgage bill. Way to crush home ownership as a single female AND negotiating a tub reglazing price
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
Thank you Quince Shopping sponsoring this weeks bill! To shop Quince essential products with low design costs, and the highest production standards, fair wages, safety and sustainability go to OneQuince.com/frugal. AND get free shipping & 365-day free returns.
How we add luxury to our life without spending lavishly
- Jen- travel rewards points!
- Jill- fresh flowers, fresh squeezed lemon in my water, coffee on my porch, lipstick, hand lotion in my purse, gift giving 🙂
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a copy of the Frugal Friends Workbook!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!