Whether you’re married, in a serious relationship, or ‘surveying the landscape’ we could all use some refreshers on ways to enjoy time with our romantic interests in a frugal and affordable way! On this episode we’re exploring some of the costs we don’t always consider, as well as some fresh ideas for inexpensive dates.
- The Frugal Friends Workbook! Whether you’re new to budgeting or trying to reach a big financial goal and need something to motivate you, you’ll enjoy The Frugal Friends Workbook. It’s a digital workbook with 6 week-long challenges that will help you save money, simplify your life, improve money conversations, and more. It’s over 60 pages and can be completed on your own but it’s created to be gone through in pairs or small groups that’s why every purchase comes with two downloads so you can share or split the cost. Head to Frugalfriendspodcast.com/workbook to learn more and use the code TACOBELL all one word to get $10 off the regular price.
- TV Series: Wondering what to do for a low key date night at home? Start a TV Series. You’ll avoid the “what are we doing tonight?” question for at least a month! Avoid the cost of restaurants and the uncertainty of events by getting sucked into a TV series with 7+ seasons. You’ll have even more fun by choosing a series that has a spinoff! TV Series, because eventually you’re going to have to stop scrolling the Netflix homepage and just watch something.
What the Internet has to say:
This article from Chime outlines for us some of the hidden costs of dating we often don’t plan for, but should!
What Jen + Jill have to say:
- Beautifying yourself – link to make-up ep
- Transportation – link transport ep
- Time is money – and we give this up as we date our significant other!
- Intimate wear
- Dating apps
- Birth control
More from the Internet:
This article from And Then We Saved gives a comprehensive list of 98 frugal and fun date ideas!
More from Jen + Jill:
- Ummmm we all know movies at home are an option…so let’s get to the good stuff..
- Build something together
- Find the best happy hour – make apps your meal
- Play ping pong (or tennis lol)
- Teach each other something….but be warned!
- Book club/read to each other
- Work out together
- Outdoor activities- check Groupon
- Breakfast date
- Talk about your future- Plan your financial goals
- Wash your cars
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you Sherri from novia scotia for sharing your amazing yatze computerized opponent named ‘Bill’!
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
- ALSO sponsored by Grammerly! A free Chrome extension that helps keep your writing grammatically correct and error free! We love using Grammarly Premium for its plagiarism detector and have found its other features to be very useful! Because Grammarly is a sponsor of the show you can get 20% off Grammarly Premium, which will 100% make you a better writer whether it’s for work or personal. Just go to Grammarly.com/frugal to get 20%.
Our best and worst dates
- Jill – BEST = french town, yard sales, wineries
- Jen- BEST = our first date was the best
- Jill – WORST = learning to drive manual
- Jen- WORST = vacation in Bali
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to email@example.com. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!