Overspending, spending mindlessly, buying stuff we don’t need; it all limits our finances! Whether in the debt pay-off journey OR debt-free we could all use some reminders on how to spend (and save) more intentionally. Listen in and hear some tips as Walli shares her journey of overspending, breaking the cycle, and becoming a millionaire!
- Money! We love money. We especially love keeping more of our hard-earned money. Our favorite way to save around the holidays is the Rakuten Chrome extension. If you are doing any online shopping this season you should definitely sign up and see what cash back your purchases are eligible for. And if you sign up at frugalfriendspodcast.com/rakuten you’ll get a $30 cash back bonus through the end of the yeat after your first $30 purchase at cash back eligible stores. To get your $30 cash back bonus head to frugalfriendspodcast.com/rakuten.
- Pumpkin spice. Pumpkin spice wants to remind you that she is not pumpkin-flavored, nor is she reserved just for fall cooking. She is a spice mixture that you can put in pumpkin goods but you can also use throughout the rest of the holiday season and beyond. Her collection of ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves goes as well in coffee as they do in a savory butternut squash pasta or roasted vegetables. So don’t let your pumpkin spice languish another year in your pantry. Get creative and let her add interest to your dishes year-round.
Walli shared with us a bit about her background, barriers to seeing real improvements with her finances, and how she finally overcame the overspending cycle. Listen is as we ask Walli the following question:
- Tell us a little about your story and how you ended up blowing $16,000 through over-spending.
- Was the lifestyle creep instant or was it gradual? And then what woke you up to it?
- How did you reverse your overspending to become a more conscious consumer?
- How did you come to now be the first millionaire in your family?
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you Walli for sharing your bill about receiving two renewal notices for home owners insurances; cancelling one and getting a refund!
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
This BOTW is sponsored by Refily – when it comes to saving you already know cutting costs on big expenses can do more for your finances than skipping a few lattes and one of the biggest ways homeowners can save money is through refinancing. Refily is the home refinance lender comparison tool that matches you with lenders based on your refinance needs. Refily gives you full transparency on estimated lender rates and estimated fees so you can easily compare them and make an informed decision. It’s a great time to refinance so visit Refily and check out your estimated rates!
Most recent impulse purchase
- Walli – cute pet items
- Jill – food. specifically olives.
- Jen – an extra candle.
Get more from Walli:
- Also find her on clubhouse and IG as ‘Financially Thriving’
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a copy of the Frugal Friends Workbook!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!
- Get our FREE 7-Day No-Spend Challenge Workbook here! https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/free
- Join the waitlist for Club BFF: https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/club-bff-waitlist/
- Subscribe for more on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/frugalfriends
- Hang out with us on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/frugalfriendspodcast/