We love food! And if you haven’t noticed yet, we love talking about food! It’s even better when we can make and eat good food for a reasonable amount of money! On this episode we give you our favorite food blogs + recipes… award show style. Listen in to find out who wins each category of our Frugal Friends Foodie Awards!
- Personal Capital: An online financial advisor and personal wealth management tool that allows you to see your entire financial picture at a glance. And you can get a free $20 amazon gift card by signing up for personal capital and linking an investment account with at least $1000 in it. Sign up through our referral link: frugalfriendspodcast.com/pcap to get yours!
- The novel before the recipe: Do you love finding recipes online and can’t wait to make that new one you found? Slow down you go getter! Read this story about the time I went to camp. Or how my kids were in this really cool play that somehow inspired this dish. Don’t be in such a hurry to make dinner, read the novel before the recipe.
The 2019 Frugal Friends Foodie Awards:
- Best use of minimal ingredients: https://thestonesoup.com/blog/
- All recipes use 6 ingredients or less
- Best use of a five dollar bill: https://www.5dollardinners.com/
- All recipes can be made for a family for $5 each
- Best use of numbers: https://www.budgetbytes.com/
- Every recipe comes with a price per serving so you can see where it fits in your budget
- Best use of freezer meals: https://thefamilyfreezer.com/
- We have a list of her freezer meal recipes waiting to be made
- Best use of meal planning: https://goodcheapeats.com
- All of her recipes are designed to be part of a frugal meal plan
- Best use of leftovers: https://www.cooksmarts.com/articles/guide-repurposing-leftovers/
- Infographic of how to repurpose leftovers. Get 30 days free and 25% off paid plans by visiting frugalfriendspodcast.com/cooksmarts and use the code FRUGAL
- Best use of Budget friendly vegan recipes: https://plantbasedonabudget.com/
- All recipes are vegan… and budget friendly.
- Best use of Pantry staples: https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/
- Plenty of sauces and mix recipes that will have you using up those random ingredients sitting in your pantry.
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you so much for sharing your bill of the week with us!
- If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
Our favorite recipes from the cook at home challenge:
- Jill- Bruschetta!
- Jen- Kale + Apple Salad
- Jill- Chicken sheet pan recipe
- Jen-Pumpkin Spice Dessert Pizza
Frugal Friends Book Club: