Paying off debt, saving money, or reaching other financial goals may seem impossible when you have children – but on this episode Allison from Inspired Budget proves to us it’s not! Allison talks candidly about how she and her husband paid off 6 figures of debt with babies in tow. Listen in for some useful and tangible tips to help you on your frugal and debt-free journey!
- Podcast Crafter offers a suite of services for personal and business podcasts including branding, custom soundtracks, full episode production, & publishing. Visit podcastcrafter.com to schedule your free 1 on 1 consultation.
- The Financial Freedom Planner was created by Jen to fill in the gap between knowing you need to take control of your finances and achieving the self discipline you need to do it. This planner helps you put your ideas and goals on paper, or in the editable PDF! Check it out at frugalfriendspodcast.com/planner and see if it can benefit you as much as it has benefitted us!
- We ask our frugal friend Allison from Inspired Budget all about her debt free journey while raising children. Allison talks about
- How much debt they had, what it was, and how long it took to pay it off
- Ways she kept costs low while having kids, medical bills, and managing children’s exposure to ‘things’
- Budgeting, cash envelopes, emergency funds, and approaching debt-freedom as a journey
- What comes after the big debt pay-off, and ways to set goals with your spouse and kids
BILL OF THE WEEK
Thanks Allison for also sharing your bill of the week with us! We’re so glad you found a great preschool for your son!
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to call our Google Voicemail. Or email us a voice memo to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want more from the Frugal Friends?!
We are starting The Frugal Friends Book Club! And you could win a copy of the book!
- We’re going to read 1 frugal book every month, starting in September with “The Year of Less” by Cait Flanders. Cait did a two year shopping ban that changed not just her finances but her entire life. AND we’re giving away the book for free! For every 5 reviews we get this month, we’ll give away 1 copy of the book!
- To enter to win the book leave us a review on your podcast listening device (not just itunes!) screenshot the review and send it to email@example.com