We’re celebrating 3 years of the frugal friends podcast by taking a look at the factors that contribute to impulse buys and ways to avoid it!
- Frugal Friends Florida Meetup! This year we’re doing two (fingers crossed) in-person meet ups. Our first one is tomorrow April 17th in St. Petersburg, FL. More details to follow but if you’re itching to visit sunny St. Pete and hang out with other Frugal Friends this is your opportunity. We’ll hopefully be doing another in Austin, TX in September but we’ve learned to stop planning ahead so definitely try to make it to this one if you’re in the area. Visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/meetup to let us know you’re coming
- Accidental Success: like microwaves, penicillin, post-it notes, the x-ray machine….this podcast 🙂 accidental success – don’t be afraid of messing up – it may just turn into a massively good thing.
What the Internet has to say:
This infographic from Illinois Lending gives a snapshot of some helpful statistics related to the psychology of impulse spendingGraphic created by Illinois Lending.
More from the Internet:
What Jen + Jill have to say:
- What causes impulse buying?
- Psychological love of new things
- Think we’re “saving money” since the item is less expensive
- Tips to avoid impulse buys
- Create a 30 day wait list try the ‘icebox’ Chrome extension creates waiting list
- Avoid going to shopping areas
- Find free ways to reward yourself
- Be mindful of your reaction to impulse spending – what has happened in the past? Are those feelings worth the purchase?
- Always have a list and a plan for your purchases
BILL OF THE WEEK –
-Thank you for your sharing your bill about your pet supplies because you love your pet so much!
-Thank you Romi for sharing your bill about your laundry room renovation bill and doing the repairs yourself and saving bills!
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
BOTW Sponsor: PolicyGenius compares rates of America’s top insurers, from Progressive to Allstate, to find your lowest quotes. Re-shop your rates and you could save up to $1,055. Head to policygenius.com com to get started!
Our last impulse buy
- Jen- trip to St. Augustine Florida
- Jill- A spiral stair case…
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a copy of the Frugal Friends Workbook!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!