We love to have guests on the show and today is no exception! We have THE Mrs. Frugalwoods (A.K.A. Elizabeth Thames), author and blogger on everything frugal+sustainable. AND since Jen is currently pregnant, we seized the opportunity to ask Mrs. Frugalwoods about pregnancy and parenting the frugal way. Let’s just say she did not disappoint! Check it out!
ModernFrugality: The Modern Frugality blog and shop has free and low-cost printables, resources, and ebooks to help you reduce your spending, minimize your stuff and organize your life. Visit Shop.modernfrugality.com to see all the freebies and get 50% off any purchase with code FRUGALFRIENDS19.
All Natural: We don’t know what it means in when it’s listed on the side of cereal boxes, but in most cases – all natural sounds like a good thing! Thinking about dying your hair? Don’t! Go all natural! Thinking about shaving your legs/armpits? Don’t! Go all natural! Thinking about getting an epidural? Don’t! Go all natural! Going All Natural – the scary, frugal thing to do.
We covered so many topics with Mrs. Frugalwoods – here’s some of the questions we asked her, and helpful links!
- How were your pregnancies and how did you conquer the hormonal urge to buy all the things?
hint: check out this article – http://www.frugalwoods.com/2017/09/18/how-i-remain-frugal-while-pregnant/
- What is important to have for bringing home a baby and how do you get it frugally?
Tip: Accept ALL free gifts and hand-me-downs. Then decide what’s needed!
- Once baby is home what expenses should I anticipate and which should I anticipate trying to avoid?
- You struggled with postpartum depression after your second birth and eventually got help and shared your story on your blog. What advice would you give to other women to identify and treat it?
link to Mrs. Frugalwoods story here: http://www.frugalwoods.com/2018/09/07/how-a-diagnosis-of-postpartum-depression-changed-my-life/
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you Liz (Mrs. F) for sharing your bill of week! Jill LOVES duck bills too 🙂
- If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill**
We got to ask more questions of Mrs. F!
- What is baby freebie or deal you’re most proud of?
Getting bigger items for free, i.e. crib!
- What are your top book recommendations for new moms?
Frugal Friends Book Club
It’s February and we’re reading Meet The Frugalwoods by Elizabeth Willard Thames
- If you want a free copy, leave us a review on iTunes or Stitcher, screenshot the review and send it to email@example.com. We’ll select the winners at the end of the month.
- AND join us in talking about the book (and other things) throughout the week at our Facebook Community
Thanks for hanging with us!