Despite how important budgeting is for our frugal lifestyles, we often skip over this step or struggle to find a method that works well for us. For this reason (and many others) we are over the moon to share our conversation with THE Rachel Cruze about her budgeting tips and the ways we can tailor our budgets to make sense for our lives and circumstances!
- YOUR AD HERE: As if it wasn’t hard enough to source our own sponsors, now the world has fallen apart and there are no ad budgets for podcasts. While we look for our next sponsor, here are 2 ways you can support us.
- 1st is to buy a discounted gift card from Raise. Raise sells gift cards at a discounted price to all kinds of places. Find a store you’d shop at anyways and you can save money right off the top by using a discounted gift card to purchase it! When you use our referral link: frugalfriendspodcast.com/raise you’ll get $5 to spend and we will too!
- 2nd is to sign up for Rakuten and spend $25 at any online store they offer cash back at. Sign up at frugalfriendspodcast.com/rakuten and download the chrome extension to see every time Rakuten offers cash back at a store. If you do this you will get $10 bonus cash back and so will we.
- Taking One for the Team: when you experience something awful so that others don’t have to, or you learn a new lesson the painfully hard way so that others can pick it up easily. Kinda like taking a soccer ball to the face at recess. Taking one for the team; it’s not pleasant, but the rest of us are grateful.
We were honored to ask Rachel Cruze all about her budgeting tips and ways to tailor our budgets to work for us!
- How can someone who busts their budget every month safeguard themself to stop spending out of control?
- How about for the opposite person who just wants to hoard money and that’s keeping them from reaching financial goals?
- How can someone make the cash envelope or clip system work if they don’t like carrying cash?
- What should someone do after they break their budget, like they get an unexpected bill or they go into Target for one thing and come out with 12?
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thanks Rachel for sharing with us your tip about spending less at target than expected!
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
Our most recent budgeting flop and how we recovered.
- Rachel- food! Recovered by spending less in other areas
- Jen- newspaper subscription :/
- Jill- thankfully not doing much right now; but FOOD – always food! That pendulum swings and I get real tired of figuring out meals everyday. I do best in the radical middle (some meals at home, some take out – or a mixture i.e. CFA chicken on my own salad)
Giving away 14 day free trial of financial peace daveramsey.com/hope
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!