Thinking about starting your own side business, or even full-time business? Feeling overwhelmed by all that’s involved with owning a business? You’re not alone! And Laura Adams is here to talk about the most important things to consider when being a solopreneur, and how to take small, manageable steps towards being your own boss!
- Club BFF! If you love Frugal Friends and you’ve found yourself saying “I wish I could have more of this support, encouragement, community, actionable steps for life change” we’ve heard you. We’ve designed Club BFF for you. It’s a membership community where we will be doing group challenges in different areas of our spending. And by the end of one year with us, our goal is that your spending will be totally transformed, even if you already consider yourself pretty frugal. Now we’re not opening this full scale until October but you can get in through July 25th at half off an annual membership. For life. So if this is something you’re interested in you can find more info at frugalfriendspodcast.com/bff don’t wait, join us for our first challenge and snag this exclusive founding member discount.
- Doing it Yourself: It’s not just a concept for refurbishing furniture, fixing the toilet, or washing the dishes. Doing it yourself can also be applied to starting your own business or side hustle – of course you can rope others in to help you – but you can be the boss! Doing it yourself…when you want it done right.
Get more on this topic with these previous Frugal Friends Podcast episodes:
- Ep 129- How to Make More Money w/ a Side Business
- Ep 85- Side Hustles for People Short on Time
- The Bright Future Bundle – There’s a Mercari selling guide from Nika at Debt Free Gonnabe
We asked Laura Adams all about her journey in solopreneurship and tips for others hoping to start their own business:
- Laura tells us about her solopreneur journey
- Tips on where to start if someone wants to begin a side business
- So many people are nervous about starting a side business because they’re scared of incorporating and filing taxes, and all the organization stuff. Laura tells us what’s important and what’s not important when starting out
- For someone who wants to use a side business to leave their job, Laura explains what they should be doing to prepare that exit strategy
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you Laura for sharing your bill with us by ‘billing us’ by asking for our tips
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
Thank you Trust & Will for sponsoring the BOTW! Estate planning is for EVERYONE and for as little as $39 you can nominate guardians for your children, determine who gets your stuff, and plan for future medical care all from the comfort of your home. Visit their site, take the short quiz and see what product is right for you. Use code FRUGAL10 for 10% off any estate plan at checkout.
Knowing now the mistakes you’d make, what’s a word of advice you’d give yourself personally when just starting out.
- Laura- worry less – trust in the process and trust experts to provide support
- Jen- Focus on your ONE Thing
- Jill- find ways to ‘try it out’ before investing big
Get more from Laura at:
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a copy of the Frugal Friends Workbook!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!