We’ve talked about side hustles and selling our gently used items to bring in more cash and now we’re introducing the idea of a side business! If this feels next level, it is. BUT we hope this episode helps give some sunlight and water to those seedling ideas that may be sprouting in your mind about putting your skills and talents to work in a way that benefits your budget big time!
- Frugal Friends Workbook. Whether you’re new to budgeting or trying to reach a big financial goal and need something to motivate you, you’ll enjoy The Frugal Friends Workbook. It’s a digital workbook with 6 week-long challenges that will help you save money, simplify your life, improve money conversations, and more. It’s over 60 pages and can be completed on your own but it’s created to be gone through in pairs or small groups that’s why every purchase comes with two downloads so you can share or split the cost. Head to Frugalfriendspodcast.com/workbook to learn more and use the code TACOBELL all one word to get $10 off the regular price.
- Society Against People Taking Online Surveys. Or SAPTOS for short. Searching for a way to make money on the internet? Every article you read will without a doubt recommend online surveys! You’ll spend hours trying to take surveys you won’t qualify for and more hours taking surveys you’ll get paid pennies for. And you’ll learn nothing about yourself. At SAPTOS we urge you, If you see online surveys as a suggestion for how to make more money, close the tab immediately.
A future episode will be about negotiating raises, job hopping, and making more in the workplace.
Today is about what mindset shifts do we need to make and what strategies can we use to make more money.
What the Internet has to say:
This article from Hack The Entrepreneur gives us the top tips for shifting our mindset to think like an entrepreneur
What Jen + Jill have to say:
More from the Internet:
This article from Entrepreneur provides some unique ideas of ways to make the most of $100 from some of the top business leaders
More from Jen + Jill:
- Buy or flip – find out what it’s worth and best place to sell
- Test before you invest – test out your idea (ex of spending $100 on FB adds to see what the interest is)
- Don’t forget service
- “The best way to drum up business with a zero marketing budget is to service the crap out of existing clients.”
- Sell or service
- Utilize your expertise
- It’s never about the money
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you Emily for sharing your bill with us about $6 packs of light bulbs that will also save you money on your electric bill!
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
This Bill of the Week is brought to you by BetterHelp. BetterHelp offers online counseling and therapy services for individuals, couples, and teens. Just answer a few questions and they’ll assess your needs to match you with a licensed professional therapist that fits your needs and preferences. AND as a Frugal Friends listener you get 10% off your first month when you sign up at betterhelp.com/Frugal.
How we started our side business ventures
- Jill- selling road side plants!
- Jen– t-shirt business
- Jill– this podcast!
- Jen- self publishing
Check out the side business starter kit: frugalfriendspodcast.com/sidebusiness
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to email@example.com. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a copy of the Frugal Friends Workbook!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!