So you’ve done the declutter and achieved a degree of minimalism and frugality that feels right for you…now what?? On this episode we talk all about what to do after the ‘purge’ and some sustainable and responsible ways to give, sell, or donate your used and unwanted things!
- The Frugal Friends Workbook! The Frugal Friends Workbook is officially available! The Frugal Friends Workbook is a digital download with 6 week-long challenges that will help you improve your spending, declutter your life, become a better negotiator, have more money conversations with the people in your life, and more. The workbook can be completed on your own but it’s created to be gone through in pairs or small groups. Don’t have a partner or small group? No worries! If you purchase the workbook during launch week you will get access to a 6-week Facebook group where you can find others who’ve purchased the workbook and form your own groups. Jill and I will also be available to answer questions and guide you. If you’re listening in real time, August 14, this is the last day to get that bonus. Also the workbook is $34 but it’s also the last day we’re offering it at $24 so head to Frugalfriendspodcast.com/workbook and join the fun!
- Book of CD’s: You know the kind 🙂
What the Internet has to say:
This article from The Verge gives us tips on how to get rid of all the stuff we’ve decluttered from our homes…responsibly!
What Jen + Jill have to say:
- Check out manufacturing trade in deals (apple, android)
- Sell old stuff (ebay, FB marketplace)
- Declutrr gives quote on your tech (and may also take books, CDs, DVDs, legos)
- Swappa (charges buyer, not seller)
- Amazon has trade in program (payment in form of gift card)
- So old no one wants it?
- Recycle – check with town/city for recycling center – check out earth911 for nearest recycling center
- LOL – give it to a museum????!!
- Sell: the real real – designer stuff
- Everything else
- Freecycle, buy nothing groups, neighborhood app
More from the Internet:
This article from NBC News gives us some more ideas on how to get rid of items that we no longer need or want with out just tossing in the trash!
More from Jen + Jill:
- 1. Offer to people in your community (for free or for sale)
- 2. Give to friends or do swap
- 3. Repurpose and DIY
- Ex: old candle holder, repurposing trash can
- 4. Take to proper places to discard
- 5. Sell or consign
- Ebay, poshmark, thredup, local consignment shop
- 6. Swap in exchange for discounted merchandise
- H&M, madewell
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you Stephanie for submitting your bill about sending your first bill to a client for your new business!
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
How often do you purge and what do you do with it?
- Jill – everytime we move OR help others move. Sell a few items, give to friends, donate
- Jen- constant declutter; bags in every room of the house – when it’s full of donation items I take them to donation centers
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to email@example.com. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!