Tried and true long-term money strategies are great, but sometimes we just want to know the best hacks for spending less and saving more. Thankfully Lisa has compiled over 200 top tips for making the most of our money and resources; in this episode we’re going over the heavy hitters on categories like curbing spending, debt pay-off, earning money, and planning for the future.
- New year’s resolutions. If you made a new year’s resolution this time last month it’s statistically likely you’ve already given up on it. We know our listeners are in the minority who keep their financial resolutions but if you find yourself struggling, make things easier on yourself. Like if you have a saving goal, start a new high-yield saving account to keep your savings out of sight and out of mind. Right now we love Axos bank because they have no minimum balance fees or requirements. And if you sign up for an account at frugalfriendspodcast.com/axos you support the show at no extra cost to you.
- Money Please! I love that scene in Parks and Rec so much, I say it all the time so this episode is also brought to you by the 10 minute YouTube video I watched with all of the Sapersteins best moments from the series. Money Please, give me money it’s just easier.
For more money hacks, cue up:
Thank you to our bill of the week sponsors!
Capitalize – Have you ever left a job and didn’t know what to do with that 401(k) or similar retirement plan? Is it still sitting there? You’re not alone, there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts housing almost $1.35 trillion of assets. Capitalize is an independent platform that helps you find and roll over an old 401(k) into an IRA of your choice – for free! Their rollover experts handle the process from start-to-finish, including calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf, completing paperwork, and sending faxes. So start your rollover at frugalfriendspodcast.com/capitalize.
Ting Mobile – Bring your phone, your number, and get access to the best nationwide cell coverage in America as well as Ting’s award winning customer service if you ever need help. The Flex plan is just $10 per month per line and you only pay $5 per GB of data you use. Or get unlimited data for $45 per month. Head to frugal.ting.com to get a $25 credit when you switch!
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to email@example.com AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a copy of the Frugal Friends Workbook!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!
- Get our FREE 7-Day No-Spend Challenge Workbook here! https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/free
- Join the waitlist for Club BFF: https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/club-bff-waitlist/
- Subscribe for more on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/frugalfriends
- Hang out with us on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/frugalfriendspodcast/