We all know it’s a good idea to start saving money when we’re young, but in what other ways should we be making the most of our youth? Robert Farrington answers this question as he explores this concept of ‘front loading’ our lives and encourages young people to capitalize on the energy, capacity, and ability to risk-take when we’re younger in order to experience greater financial freedoms and benefits later in life.
Rakuten: We love and use Rakuten all the time so we wanted to give them a shout out. If you’ve never used it, Rakuten is a shopping portal where you can get cash-back on purchases from your favorite stores. We use it for Groupon, Amazon, Walmart, travel sites and more. And, if you haven’t tried Rakuten yet we’ve got a $10 welcome bonus for you on your first purchase of $25 or more when you sign up through frugalfriendspodcast.com/rakuten
Burning the candle at both ends: While the candle won’t last nearly as long with this method; our sponsor wants you to know that you will be sure to have double the amount of light, and heat to the traditional methods of candle burning. Furthermore, you will be sure to use up the entire candle, with zero wasted wax. Burning the candle at both ends – try it today for intense, and short-lived satisfaction!
We enjoyed getting to know Robert and hearing more about this concept of ‘front-loading’ – here are a few of our favorite questions:
- What is front loading your life and why is it so awesome?
- What are some things we should be doing to front load?
- How do you find the balance between working hard now and living in this season you’ll never get back?
- What would you say to the person with a tight income and not a lot of time, what’s the most important thing to prioritize?
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you Robert for coming prepared and sharing your favorite bill with us!
- If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
Let’s TalkPassive Income!
- Robert – What is passive income?
- What are your favorite ways to make it?
- What pitfalls we should avoid?
Check out more from Robert at The College Investor!
Frugal Friends Book Club
It’s August and we’re reading The Simple Path to Wealth by J.L. Collins for book club!
- If you want a free copy, leave us a review on iTunes or Stitcher, screenshot the review and send it to email@example.com. We’ll select the winners at the end of the month.
See ya next week!