Ugh, student loans. Let’s all have a collective, frustrated sigh. Even for the most debt averse people, student loans are often still a part of the equation. SO, let’s talk about getting rid of those loans!! This episode explores ways to save on student loans, refinancing, loan forgiveness programs, and straight up lifestyle changes to help get rid of student debt fast! We’re glad you’re here and we’re excited to have frugal friends in this debt-free journey!
What the Internet has to say:
- This article from student loan hero provides a comprehensive list of loan forgiveness programs. The site provides clickable links for each type of loan forgiveness option, along with explanations for the different programs.
- Student Loan Planner goes into great detail about the public service loan forgiveness program and tips for applying while also avoiding the pitfalls.
- If considering refinancing students loans, check out this article! Student loan hero advises 6 steps to take prior to applying to refinance.
- And check out Jen’s story on Student Loan Hero!
What Jen and Jill have to say:
- The Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) is the best, but also probably not the best. Being that this loan is a government program, things could change! There are also a lot of caveats to be aware of, so heed the advice of those that have gone before us!!
- Refinancing can be a great solution to get your loans all in one place and lower your interest rate.
- Jen has her own amazing student debt pay-off story! Check it out on her blog Saving with Spunk
- Use speed! Going hard at paying down your student loans fast is the only way to save money, and pay down debt efficiently
- Bonus link! Check out this article for more tips on loan forgiveness, not mentioned in the show!
BILL OF THE WEEK: Thank you again Hannah Randall for your SECOND bill of the week! You get the loyal frugal friend award!
If YOU want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to call our Google Voicemail. Or email us a voice memo to email@example.com
Podcast Crafter – check them out for all your podcasting needs! podcastcrafter.com
Time – want to pay off your student loans? It just takes TIME (and money) 🙂