We talk about goal setting, resolutions, strategizing, and more; but none of that will get us too far without a supportive community! We’re looking at a finance adjacent topic regarding accountability and how these intentional relationships can help us stick to and achieve our goals!
- The Financial Freedom Mentorship! Club BFF has rebranded to the Financial Freedom Mentorship. It’s a mentorship program where we will be with you on your journey from wherever you are starting to your first six-figures of net worth. In this group you will get multiple Q&A’s and trainings with us and guest experts every month as well as a space to create accountability groups where you can support each other while doing fun challenges. If you feel like you need support in this extremely foundational part of your financial journey then check out the mentorship at frugalfriendspodcast.com/ffm right now to learn more because doors close January 2nd.
- Making friends in your thirties. Making friends in your twenties is much easier than your thirties and if you don’t believe that then you’re still in your twenties. It’s hard when your college friends have moved away or have too many kids and your coworkers or fellow moms aren’t on the same path as you. There comes a point in your life where you have to stop trying to be cool and start asking the hard questions like “will you be my close friend?” Making friends in your thirties, acquaintances are everywhere but you need real friends.
This article from Medium provides compelling research regarding the influence the friends of our friends have on us, our choices, and our behaviors.
What Jen + Jill have to say:
- You need to be examining your entire network and its influence on your life. You need to know where you sit inside the larger network of your social community
This article from Inc.com lists 5 tips for making our accountability groups and partnerships really work for us.
More from Jen + Jill:
- Types of Accountability:
- Partnerships – helpful when you have specific goal in mind and know how to reach it
- Coaches – can provide increased consistency along with resources
- Groups – great for people in a similar stage or community with aligned goals
- Tips for Accountability:
- 1. Know what you need
- 2. Make it a priority
- 3. Use a custom tracking system
- 4. Prioritize your goal setting activities
- 5. Choose your partner or group wisely
- Pitfalls of Accountability:
- de-prioritizing it – life can happen and interrupt momentum, but be honest about this with your group or partner – otherwise it can lead to resentment
- bringing judgement + lack of empathy
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you for sharing your bill about your dog’s prescription and how you saved $15 per month because of your vet’s help AND how you are choosing generosity with your saved money
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
How accountability has helped us personally
- Jill- make more intentional decisions (financially, relationally, etc.) – knowing people will check in with me about it
- Jen- This show has been the best form of accountability!
Thanks Ting Mobile for sponsoring this week’s bill! Bring your phone, your number, and get access to the best nationwide cell coverage in America as well as Ting’s award winning customer service if you ever need help. The Flex plan is just $10 per month per line and you only pay $5 per GB of data you use. Or get unlimited data for $45 per month. Head to frugal.ting.com to get a $25 credit when you switch!
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a copy of the Frugal Friends Workbook!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!
- Get our FREE 7-Day No-Spend Challenge Workbook here! https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/free
- Join the waitlist for Club BFF: https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/club-bff-waitlist/
- Subscribe for more on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/frugalfriends
- Hang out with us on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/frugalfriendspodcast/