This one is a long time in the making, but we are delighted to have Chris Browning from the Popcorn Finance podcast on the show! Chris has a lot of great insight when it comes to personal finance and becoming debt free, and we admire him even more for sharing with us how he and his wife paid off $27K of credit card debt! We talk a lot about paying off student loan debt on the show, so we’re excited to bring some hope to our fellow frugal friends who are facing this sort of debt and provide hope for freedom through hearing Chris’ story!
Ebates: We love and use Ebates all the time so we wanted to give them a shout out. If you’ve never used it, Ebates is a shopping portal where you can get cash-back on purchases from your favorite stores. We use it for Groupon, Amazon, Walmart, travel sites and more. And, if you haven’t tried Ebates yet we’ve got a $10 welcome bonus for you on your first purchase of $25 or more when you sign up through frugalfriendspodcast.com/ebates.
At home movie theater butter: bringing soybean oil, sunflower oil, & canola oil to your house and making your entire residence feel slimy for ages!
We’re thrilled to hear more about Chris Browning’s debt freedom story and got to ask him all the questions about his journey!
- How did you accumulate $27K in credit card debt?
- When did you realize you had a debt problem?
- How did you go about paying it off, especially living in a high cost of living city like Long Beach?
- How do you and your wife handle finances now?
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thanks again Chris for sharing your millionth bill of the week with us! You’re a all-star!
- If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
- Why Popcorn?
- Favorite guest you’ve had on your show (besides Allison ;))
- What is your most frugal quality?
- What do you have going on and where can listeners go to find more about you and Popcorn Finance?
Frugal Friends Book Club:
It’s July and we’re reading Mom and Dad we Need to Talk by Cameron Huddleston for book club!
- If you want a free copy, leave us a review on iTunes or Stitcher, screenshot the review and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll select the winners at the end of the month.