There’s all kinds of things we tell ourselves about money and our financial situations, but not all of them are true! We’re thrilled to have Rob Berger on the show, author of “Retire Before Mom and Dad” to dispell some common myths about money, break down the barriers between us+our goals, and set our perspectives right!
- Personal Capital : An online financial advisor and personal wealth management tool that allows you to see your entire financial picture at a glance. And you can get a free $20 amazon gift card by signing up for personal capital and linking an investment account with at least $1000 in it. Sign up through our referral link: frugalfriendspodcast.com/pcap to get yours!
- $20 Amazon gift cards: Who doesn’t want them?! Thankfully you can get yours with the above link. Yes we are shamelessly promoting this twice!
We got a change to chat with Rob all about the money myths he notices, the truth about achieving financial goals, and some encouragement to us all along the way!
- Lie #1: Financial Freedom Requires a BIG Salary
- Lie #2: Financial Freedom Takes 40 Years (or Longer) to Achieve
- Lie #3: Happiness is Expensive
- Lie #4: Investing is Complicated
- Lie #5: Debt is a Fact of Life
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thanks Rob for sharing about your bill you’ve been paying for 10 years with no regrets! Gotta love that gym membership.
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
- What’s the first step to reshaping how we think about financial freedom?
- Prepare a balance sheet – everything you own and debt you owe. Track this + update 1x/year.
- Where can people learn more about you?
Frugal Friends Book Club:
- For this month’s frugal book club book we are Retire Before Mom and Dad by Rob Berger
- If you want a free copy, leave us a review on iTunes or Stitcher, screenshot the review and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll select the winners at the end of the month.
See you next week!