Sometimes our budgets, financial goals, and lifestyles don’t fit into a nice neat box; we find that our approach needs to be individualized and create space for freedom! This is why we are excited to share one of our top most listened to episodes with Merilee from Easy Budget; tune in (again!) to hear about how she modifies the baby steps to fit her needs!
YOUR AD HERE. As if it wasn’t hard enough to source our own sponsors, now the world has fallen apart and there are no ad budgets for podcasts. While we look for our next sponsor here’s how you can financially support us without giving us your money.
1st is to buy a discounted gift card from Raise. Raise sells gift cards at a discounted price to all kinds of places. Find a store you’d shop at anyways and you can save money right off the top by using a discounted gift card to purchase it! When you use our referral link: frugalfriendspodcast.com/raise you’ll get $5 to spend and we will too!
Sign up for Rakuten and spend $25 at any online store they offer cash back at. Sign up at frugalfriendspodcast.com/rakuten and download the chrome extension to see every time Rakuten offers cash back at a store. When you spend $25 through rakuten you earn $10 CASH MONEY! So that’s one way you can help us without spending any money beyond what you’ve already budgeted for.
Internal Locus of control: The psychological concept that refers to how strongly you believe you have control over the situations and experiences that affect your life. People with a strong internal locus of control have greater confidence in their ability to make change through their own actions and often have higher self-esteem. An internal locus of control, focus on what you can control and create your own path, don’t wait for others to create it for you.
We got to ask Merilee all of the questions! She shares more about their debt free journey and how they have made this process work for them.
- When and how did your debt free journey start?
- Tell us about the ways you and your husband approach money differently, and what struggles have you faced during it?
- How are you modifying the baby steps and are you happy with those modifications?
- Merilee’s modifactions:
- Still contributing to 401k
- Bought a house during baby step 2
- Maintain a bigger emergency fund
- How do you stay motivated?
- Merilee’s modifactions:
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thanks Merilee for sharing your favorite bill and your love for amazon prime!! (Here’s the link to the Tinkle Razor for anyone interested ;))
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
More from Merilee
- What are your recommendations for side hustles for stay at home moms?
- Nanny – find gigs where you can bring your own children or watch others’ children in your home
- Find stay at home work – such as appraisals
- Consider selling items on Etsy
- Ask around! Be creative!
- Tell us about your debt snowball calculator?
- Find Merilee’s awesome creations HERE
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to email@example.com. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!