We all love a good debt payoff story and this one combines debt pay-down with some tangible tips that dual income (and some single income!) households can implement. Listen in as Elle shares with us some strategies for debt freedom and even increased savings!
- 7-Day No-Spend Challenge! If you feel like you spent a little too much this summer and you want to step back and reset your spending habits, we have created a free mini-workbook that will help you do that through a 7-day no-spend challenge. The workbook will help you plan, execute, and reflect on the challenge so that after 7-days you know what you need to work on and you have an action plan to do so. So if that sounds like something you need head to frugalfriendspodcast.com/free to get yours.
- Social media. Podcasts are very fun but if we had a dollar for everytime someone mixed us up we’d be able to buy Jill a second Vitamix. So we’re posting more regularly on Instagram! We’ll be posting our faces and tips from the episodes, and where to find the lovely people who write the articles we talk about! So if you are on Instagram and you want to see some reinforcement from these episodes in the form of short vids and infographics, follow us at @frugalfriendspodcast.
Elle Martinez is a couples money expert, she hosted the show Couple Money for many years and now hosts the Simplify & Enjoy Podcast which is what we are all about, we just talked about simple living last week. She’s also a long-time friend and great human being so we are excited to share her greatness with you.
- Tell our listeners about your debt, what was it, how much, and what was the catalyst for you deciding to pay it off?
- What made the most significant impact for you when it came to paying off the debt? For someone listening who doesn’t have a second income, how can they use this strategy?
- What did you do to make that transition? What was most helpful?
- If you could go back and change anything about your debt payoff journey, would you? Why? And if so, how can others do it differently?
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you Elle for sharing about your electric bill and choosing to replace windows and seeing a significant drop in what you owe!
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
Thanks Ting Mobile for sponsoring this week’s bill! Bring your phone, your number, and get access to the best nationwide cell coverage in America as well as Ting’s award winning customer service if you ever need help. The Flex plan is just $10 per month per line and you only pay $5 per GB of data you use. Or get unlimited data for $45 per month. Head to frugal.ting.com to get a $25 credit when you switch!
Income solutions for transitioning to one income
- Elle- side hustle that you enjoy, consider ways to engage in your community, seasonal work
- Jill- cut BIG expenses, housing (we house-sat, lived in a tiny home, and cared for and lived with my grandmother for a time)
- Jen- AirBnB, t-shirt business, flipped an RV
Get more from Elle at:
- Podcast: Couple Money Podcast
- Podcast: Simplify and Enjoy
- BOOK: Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a copy of the Frugal Friends Workbook!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!
- Get our FREE 7-Day No-Spend Challenge Workbook here! https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/free
- Join the waitlist for Club BFF: https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/club-bff-waitlist/
- Subscribe for more on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/frugalfriends
- Hang out with us on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/frugalfriendspodcast/