What exactly is simple living, and how might it benefit our lives? When it comes to frugality, saving money and cutting expenses; simplicity has a lot to teach us! Let’s talk about what it looks like to live simply and some tangible steps to get us there!
- Meeting up in person. Do you live in the Austin, TX area? Would you like to meet me? Do you live in the Juno, Alaska area and would like to meet Jill? Well Jill isn’t doing a meet up in Alaska but I would love to meet up with you in Austin, TX Sometime between Sept 22nd to 24th! At the time of recording this I am not sure what my schedule will be like in the evenings so if you live in Austin and want to meet up one night, DM me on instagram @modernfrugality and we’ll organize a little group hang!
- ‘It’s complicated’. Here to tell us that it’s not just a relationship status we’re trying to avoid; it’s also a lifestyle we want to avoid! Use code: INTENTIONALITY and COMMUNICATION for 10% off complications.
What the Internet has to say:
This article from Hearts Content Farmhouse gives us some great guidance on what simple living is.
What Jen + Jill have to say:
- Simple living definitions/approaches
- Going deeper
- Examples of simple
- Simplicity basics
- Examples of complicated
- There can be a price beyond money
More from the Internet:
This article from Vanilla Papers provides us with 9 tips on how to aim at a simple life.
More from Jen + Jill:
- 1. Quiet digital noise
- 2. Less TV
- 3. Live within your means
- 4. De-clutter your home
- 5. Single task
- 6. Set realistic goals + Reward yourself
- 7. Appreciate the little things and practice gratitude
- 8. Embrace the white space (margin)
- 9. Don’t expect miracles
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you Mollie from Nebraska for sharing your bill about paying off your credit card!
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
Thanks Ting Mobile for sponsoring this week’s bill! Bring your phone, your number, and get access to the best nationwide cell coverage in America as well as Ting’s award winning customer service if you ever need help. The Flex plan is just $10 per month per line and you only pay $5 per GB of data you use. Or get unlimited data for $45 per month. Head to frugal.ting.com to get a $25 credit when you switch!
Something complicated that we’ve simplified
- Jen – my business; it’s far more consolidated now!
- Jill – my work and all my sides hustles! Now I just have 1 job and 1 side hustle 🙂
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to email@example.com AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a copy of the Frugal Friends Workbook!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!
- Get our FREE 7-Day No-Spend Challenge Workbook here! https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/free
- Join the waitlist for Club BFF: https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/club-bff-waitlist/
- Subscribe for more on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/frugalfriends
- Hang out with us on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/frugalfriendspodcast/