There is a lot of information out there for middle-income earners regarding how to be wise with money, but what about for those of us who are living on a very low income? While there is ultimately no magic wand to make the pressures of financial difficulties disappear, we want to explore how those earning less might also achieve financial goals through frugality.
- The Frugal Friends Workbook Flash Sale! The Frugal Friends Workbook Flash Sale! FFWB a digital workbook with 6 week-long challenges that turn improving your finances into a game. You’ll get 60 pages of teaching and implementation guidance on topics ranging from decluttering and increasing your income to having healthy conversations about money. And while it can be completed on your own, it’s created to be gone through in pairs or small groups that’s why every purchase comes with two downloads. Head to Frugalfriendspodcast.com/workbook to learn more and this week only you can get the workbook for 40% off.
- New Year’s Resolutions. Remember those? The goal you made a month ago to do this or stop that? Studies show that 80% of people give up on their resolutions by the end of January. Your resolutions want you to know that you don’t need a new year or even a new month to recommit. You can get back on track TODAY and when something else comes up, forgive yourself, recommit again, and get better as you go. New Year’s resolutions: Don’t be makin the same one next year.
Check out this episode for more inspiration for low income earners:
What the Internet has to say:
This article from Caroline Vencil gives details and encouragement on how to live on one low income
What Jen + Jill have to say:
- Prioritize – crucial when money is tight
- Only shop discount – discount grocery, second hand, scratch+dent
- Make your own
- Cut corners on bills
More from the Internet
This article from You Need a Budget gives an example of how to pay off debt on a very low income
More from Jen + Jill:
- Have a plan
- Focus on one thing at a time
- Cut back extremely in some areas for a time to get out of debt quickly. (i.e. lifestyle changes for a season – limited entertainment, no gifts/presents, no vacation, etc.)
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you Ellie from Israel for sharing your bill of the week about celebrating your promotion and extra bills you found in your clothes to spend on a date night!
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
The key to bringing yourself out of the “low income” trap
- Jen- mindset shifts!!
- Jill – mindset shifts, equipping yoself to increase earning potential, creativity, thinking outside the box
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a copy of the Frugal Friends Workbook!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!