Ever found yourself sticking to old, boring finance guides that have been possibly passed down from four generations? We feel ‘ya. For our 200th episode, we’re joined by Joe Saul-Sehy and Emily Guy Birken, the authors of STACKED and they are here to show us how personal finance can be fun, and share some tips for staying motivated on the debt-payoff and savings building journey.
- The Modern Frugal Living eBook! Jill and I have published an eBook with over 200 ways to save money that includes checklists and resources so you can take action on the highest impact strategies quickly. The first way you can save is by getting the eBook for free! To get your copy head to frugalfriendspodcast.com/ebook to get your free copy and you’ll also get 2 weeks of accountability emails to help you take action! So head to frugalfriendspodcast.com/ebook and start getting those quick wins that will snowball your momentum to financial freedom.
- Brick houses. Strong, sturdy, reliable, pleasing to the eye. Brick houses across the nation and around the globe have clamored to sponsor our 200th episode. 200 hour-long episodes stacking on top of one another to build a strong sturdy, reliable support to your financial journey. Brick houses – there’s nothing wrong here; we got what you need.
How to Get STACKED with Joe Saul-Sehy and Emily Guy Birken
In this episode we talk about why you should make personal finance fun and the story behind the “Stacked” Mindset. (And how we can get one!)
For those who’ve been working toward your financial goals for a while but feel stuck, we also talk about an easy-to-do task that anyone can accomplish to make some headway again.
Lastly, if someone is new to money management Joe and Emily share the first thing you should do with your money.
One way we keep money fun in our own lives
- Joe: I make money fun with kids by lowering the utility bill like a limbo (gamifying).
- Emily: Talk about goals with favorite travel destinations
- Jen: Host a fun podcast 😉
- Jill: Update on what our financial sacrifices have afforded us
Thanks so Much for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening and leaving kind reviews like this one!
Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win $50 to spend in the Frugal Friends Shop! And don’t forget to share your favorite quote from the episode by using the hashtag #FrugalFriendsNote. 😉
And thanks for sharing your bill Joe and Emily! Joe’s favorite person and man crush; Bill Hader. Meanwhile, Emily has a friend named Bill who is not that good at math and catastrophized the state of the world.