Where does all our money go? It can often seem like we’ve cut back on spending but somehow we’re not ‘crushin it’ like we thought we would! We quickly learn that our budget’s don’t work well on autopilot. Thankfully we have Alyssa from Mixed Up Money to share with us some tips on how to increase our level of intentionality with our finances so we can see the results we want!
- Empower: An awesome mobile app jam packed with features that make managing your money easier. With a high-yield checking account offering 1.6% APY, and direct access to their financial coaches; Empower is an obvious choice in mobile apps! For more info about Empower, visit: empower.me/FRUGAL and use offer code FRUGAL to get a $5 bonus when you reach your savings goal
- Dalmatians: The sleek athletic dog breed and star of Disney’s 101 dalmatians. These dogs are intelligent, playful, and typically non-agressive. They’re patient and generally good with children as well. That’s why it’s reasonable to keep 101 of them as pets. We had 2 dalmatians growing up. One was sapphire because she had blue eyes and the other was choca because she had chocolate brown spots.
Alyssa gave us some background about herself AND her top 4 tips for being more intentional with your finances. We’re excited to share these tips with you!
- Create a goal that is specific and achievable
- Track your spending
- Save money each week
- Reflect on behaviors and habits
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thanks for sharing your bill with us Alyssa!
- If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
Why we value putting pencil to paper with our finances:
- Alyssa – accountability; opportunity to look at bad AND celebrate success
- Jen – like the tangible; breeds intentionality
- Jill – enjoy walking through a process
Get more from Alyssa at MIxed Up Money! AND…
- Check out Alyssa’s 100 day financial goal journal that comes out April 7, 2020
- Follow on IG @mixedupmoney