Meal planning, grocery shopping, meal prepping, cooking, cleaning OH MY! Just feeding ourselves and our families can feel like a daunting task, and when we add affordability and the goal of healthy eating to that list it can be quite a challenge for many of us! SO we brought in an expert, Cassy Joy Garcia to talk about some hacks she has found to eat well on a budget.
- Our first live training! 3 Secrets to Pay off Debt Faster (Even Over the Holidays!) We will be covering the three lessons it took us years and tens of thousands of dollars of debt paid off to learn. All in hopes of saving you some time and heartache on your debt free journey. And if you’re not paying off debt, maybe you’re saving for something like your emergency fund or a home, these tips will still be relevant for you. So we’re doing that Sunday Oct 17th at 6pm EST And everyone who joins us live will get a free copy of our Debt-Free Christmas Planner! Seats are limited so head to frugalfriendspodcast.com/training to grab your spot.
- 2 for 1. Everyone loves a classic ‘do 1 thing and get a double benefit’. Whether it’s buying 1 thing and getting the second free, getting pregnant once with 2 babies, or cooking a single time with an outcome of 2 dinners. 2 for 1it’s almost always a great thing.
- As someone who places a high value on healthy eating, how do you find the balance between eating healthy and keeping your grocery budget manageable?
- What’s the “dinner series concept”?
- What are some of your favorite time-saving tips in the kitchen? (to help someone maintain and stick to their meal plan)
- You have a whole section on freezing food, what do you feel is the most important thing you want people to know about freezing food?
BILL OF THE WEEK – thank you Cassy for sharing your bill about testing the theory that cooking at home beats the price of take-out
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
This bill is brought to us by Policy Genius, they make it easy to compare home & auto insurance in one place. They’ve saved shoppers up to $1,250 per year over what they were paying for home & auto insurance. Getting started is easy; head to Policygenius.com and answer a few quick questions about yourself and your property and Policygenius takes it from there. They’ll compare rates from America’s top insurers, from Progressive to Allstate, to find your lowest quotes.
- Cassy- brisket w/sides → thinly slice, pan sear with sweet sauce over rice
- Jen- pork sandwiches → pork fried rice
- Jill- veggies: side dish → omelette → veggies wrap
Get more from Cassy at:
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a copy of the Frugal Friends Workbook!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!
- Get our FREE 7-Day No-Spend Challenge Workbook here! https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/free
- Join the waitlist for Club BFF: https://www.frugalfriendspodcast.com/club-bff-waitlist/
- Subscribe for more on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/frugalfriends
- Hang out with us on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/frugalfriendspodcast/