Today we’ve got Amanda Walker from the “Feel Amazing Naked” podcast. Amanda is a health and fitness coach who is also passionate about budgeting and paying off debt! We thoroughly enjoyed asking Amanda all the questions and getting inspired to leave behind our lame excuses for not taking care of our bodies! Amanda has so many great tips and an amazing perspective – we’re confident you will enjoy her as much as we did!
ModernFrugality: The shop at Modern Frugality has free and low-cost printables, resources, and ebooks to help you reduce your spending, minimize your stuff, organize your life, and meal plan efficiently. Whatever you’re looking for on your path to financial security Modern Frugality has some of it. Visit Shop.modernfrugality.com to shop AND Frugal Friends listeners get 50% off your purchase with code FRUGALFRIENDS19.
Plastic Bags: Different from gift bags in that they’re not as pretty; but equally important to recycle! Reuse them as trash bags in your tiny trash cans, use them at your yard sale, or to carry your lunch to work – OR even weave them into blankets (yes that’s a thing). Do anything with them except throw them away – and especially don’t put them over your head! Plastic bags – they were never a great idea from the start – but we can make them work.
We asked Amanda all about her journey (which includes debt pay-off!) and her tips for staying in shape on a budget.
- Amanda – tell us about your story, how did you get to this point of coaching others towards a healthy lifestyle?
- Where will we get the most bang for our buck with at home workouts? How can we create our own workouts without equipment or gym memberships?
- For people like us who hate working out alone do we have low cost options?
- Can you recommend any apps, youtube channels, or podcasts if we want more?
- 30 days of fitness – feelamazingnaked.com/30easyathomeworkouts
- Feel Amazing Naked podcast
- Nike training fitness app
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thanks Amanda for sharing your bill with us!
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
We wanted to pick Amanda’s brain on healthy eating
- How can we eat real food on a budget?
- What are some mindset tips for sticking with all this?
Frugal Friends Book Club
It’s January and we are reading “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” by Marie Kondo
If you want a free copy of “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” leave us a review on iTunes or Stitcher – screenshot the review and send it to email@example.com.
We’ll select the winners at the end of the month.
As always, thank you for hanging out with us. We wish you a happy, healthy, and frugal new year. See you next week!