We are beyond thrilled to be speaking with Joshua Becker, author of “The More of Less”, on the podcast today! Joshua is a speaker, blogger, author, and expert on the topic of minimalism and he shares with us his own minimalist journey. We also talk about Joshua’s book, tips for those desiring a minimalist lifestyle, where to get started, how to do this with a family, and the deeper discoveries minimalism affords us. THIS is the episode you don’t want to miss!
- Cook Smarts: It’s a meal planning service that provides recipes, instructions, weekend prep options, and a shopping list for 4 meals per week.
- You can start with 3 free weeks of meal plans if you sign up at frugalfriendspodcast.com/cs
- AND use promo code: frugal for 25% off your purchase!
- Magazines – all the content you ever need. And all of it can be found on the internet! Got a magazine? Recycle it! Or make a collage! Doesn’t really matter what you do with them – just know that eventually they belong in the trash. And thanks to minimalism – this will be even more attainable for you as you put these things into practice. Magazines! Don’t use them!
Our conversation with Joshua dives deep into the ‘why’ behind minimalism and the self-discovery that occurs in the process. These questions brought out some valuable content and conversation!
Jen and Jill’s Questions for Joshua:
- When you decided to eliminate the nonessentials, how did you determine what the essentials were?
- What were some challenges you faced in this process of minimizing?
- How can we practice minimalism when other family members may not be ‘on board’?
- After you minimized possessions, how did your minimalism evolve beyond that?
- How can living a minimalist lifestyle directly change our financial lives?
BILL OF THE WEEK – Thank you Joshua for sharing your bill with us! Your tip to split the mortgage in half and pay 2x/month is great!
If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
More Questions from Jen and Jill:
- For those desiring a minimalist lifestyle – where should they start?
- What was your ‘why’ behind minimalism, and how have you seen this play out in your journey?
- What’s next? What are you working on now?
- hint: Joshua has another book coming out Dec. 19th 2018 titled “The Minimalist Home: A Room-by-Room Guide to a Decluttered, Refocused Life”
Frugal Friends Book Club: We’ve finished “The More of Less” by Joshua Becker, and tomorrow we begin “The Millionaire Next Door” by Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko! – head over to our Frugal Friends Community to join the discussion!
- AND We are still giving away 1 book for every 5 reviews we get this month! You can still get a free copy of this month’s book!
- To enter; leave us a review on your podcast listening device (not just Itunes), screenshot the review, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’ll select the winners for this book at the end of the month
Thank you so much for hanging out with us today! hit the subscribe button wherever you’re listening to this and we’ll come at you every friday with more frugal goodness. Until next week!